Looking gorgeous doesn’t have to be expensive.
Thanks to the demand for wallet-friendly cosmetics, cheap chic beauty lines are launching left, right and centre.
But is it wise to economise when it comes to make-up?
“Absolutely!” says runway make-up artist Georgia Hayes. “I love a bargain buy and there are so many brilliant and affordable brands out there.
“Of course, it’s nice to splurge on certain items – I won’t go anywhere without Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and I’m a sucker for Chanel nail polish – but when it comes to experimenting with colour I choose cheap every time.
“A bargain price tag doesn’t always mean that the product you’re buying is substandard.
“Brands like Maybelline, Barry M and MUA are absolutely ideal if you want to try out some new products,” she adds.
Here are Georgia’s top tips for creating a flawless face without breaking the bank.
1. Start off by using a primer such as Maybelline The Smoother Skin Retexturising Primer. It only costs about €6 yet creates a perfect canvas and makes skin feel velvety soft. It gives a silky matte, pore-less finish to rival some of the premium brands.
2. Next up, use a brush to apply Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation, €5. This is a brilliantly affordable product that’s easy to blend for a natural finish.
4. Groom your eyebrows with an MUA Eyebrow Pencil, €6, which comes with a handy brush and then give your lashes a couple of coats of L’Oréal Telescopic Mascara which is just €10.
5. Next, give your cheeks a pop of pink with Barry M Blush in Pink Orchid, €5.
6. Finish off by perfecting your pout with Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Nude Pink, €8.
© Cover Media / sydney4women