This is the normal bandage for a tummy tuck to reduce scars:
During scar management, the Silicone Gel Scar Sheet Bandage is thought to stimulate repair of the dysfunctional top layer of skin covering hypertrophic and keloid scars, as well as decreasing the over-adhesive content found in their matrix. The way the Silicone Gel Scar Sheet Bandages balance the complex cellular physiology to promote the proper healing of the problem scar may be indirect and mysterious, but the evidence of its effectiveness and results are clear.
The Silicone Gel Scar Sheet Bandage is a silicon gel membrane, which is made from new type medical high polymer materials. It is a kind of thin, soft and transparent sheet, the adhesive side is applied to the scar, the other side is a silicone side without adhesion; it is unnecessary to use anything else to affix it. It acts on scars through the obvious oxygen tension, pressure and hydrolysis with its characteristics being: easy to use, clean, comfortable and offers excellent moisture penetrability, air permeability, pressure sensitivity and acts as a protective screen from bacteria.
Given these properties, the Silicone Gel Scar Sheet Bandage is an excellent treatment for the healing of new wounds which have closed. In the first few months of the wound closure, it is hard to determine the nature of the scars – as to whether it is a keloid or a hypertrophic scar. As different types of scar formation are treated differently, it is recommended that a neutral treatment be used until a scar has been identified as belonging to either category. For this purpose, the Silicone Gel Scar Sheet Bandage is very helpful.
Uses for Silicone Gel Scar Sheet Bandage
* In scars of different ages and in different positions.
* In hypertrophic scarring, keloids and after deep-degree burn.
* In postoperative incision, decrease and prophylaxis in accordance of scars at the time of usage.
* In scars which restrict the activity of joints due to the pain, the silicon sheet can improve the incipient activity of joints to alleviate the pain.
* In preventing the contracture of skin graft after the healing of the skin transplant.
* In the position of potential scar hyperplasia, where the application effect is obvious 6-8 days after the healing of the wounded surface of a second degree burn.
* In softening and flattening of scars gradually, alleviating itch and pain, etc, lightening the pigmentation of scars.
The Silicone Gel Scar Sheet Bandage makes available a revolutionary method to reduce unwanted scars resulting from injury, surgery, burns, and so on, including severe forms that are hypertrophic or keloid. It also may be used on stretch marks after pregnancy.
This bandage is sold for around $150 dollars and you can buy them online.
I found this invisible scars website that sells a silicone gel for $15 dollars and promises these results.