You’ve bought the perfect dress and dancing shoes, but if you really want to nail your festive look, don’t forget to master your make-up.
If you really want to dazzle this party season, marvellous metallic peepers are key.
That’s the advice from celebrity make-up artist Samantha Mercer, who has created hundreds of party-perfect looks.
“Glitters and metallics are perfect for festive eyes,” says Samantha, founder of Dollz Make-Up, Hair & Beauty.
Here are Samantha’s top tips for a fabulous party make-over.
1. Firstly, to make sure your eye make-up stays put, it’s always great to use a primer and the perfect product for this is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, this goes all over the lid and up to the brow.
2. Another great stay-put for your shadow is to put on a cream base. It gives the shadow something to stick to and this also brings out the pigment brilliantly. A favourite product of mine for this is Maybelline Colour Tattoo.
3. A great set of eye shadows for the party season that can be used on their own or together is Nars Trio Eyeshadows in Arabian Nights. These shades are beautiful and have a little added sparkle, which is perfect.
4. If you fancy giving glitter a go, Peaches and Cream for LIT Cosmetic Glitters will really make your eyes pop. They’re best used over your eye shadow and they also stock the LIT Glitter Base to keep everything in place for the night.
5. Luscious lashes perfectly complete this look and my favourites can be picked up from Eyelure, they stock lots of different types and colours for you to find your perfect lash whether it’s something natural or more glamorous.
6. Finally, if you can’t be without eyeliner I highly recommend the new Illamsqua Precision Gel Liner, which is waterproof and can be used on your eyes and waterline. Party perfect!
© Cover Media / sydney4women