The Daily Mail publishes an article that talks about the statistics that we discussed before here at sydney4women.
Here are more details about the number of women and men that went through plastic surgery last year.
- Last year 286,000 women underwent breast surgery.
- Nose reshaping is the second most popular operation with 246,000 people opting for the surgery followed by Liposuction with 202,000 people going under the knife.
- Eyelid surgery is the fourth most popular with a face-lift the next favorite.
Botox is the most popular of all the non invasive procedures carried out at spas and clinics across the U.S.
- Soft tissue fillers and chemical peels, all aimed at giving women a clearer, fresher look, are rated as the next most popular choice.
- Non-invasive procedures like Botox, a toxin that freezes face muscles to give women a non wrinkled look, helped drive up the number of procedures registered by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
More than six million procedures were carried out last year, a rise of six per cent on 2011.
- Male breast reduction (gynecomastia) jumped 5per cent. Close to 21,000 procedures were done.
Korea is another nation where plastic surgery is very popular. Cosmetic Surgery is becoming popular in countries like South Africa where it wasn’t that popular before. Allure Magazine recommends to be careful with procedures that are new.
The Daily Mail suggests that those many procedures could be a direct result of the influence that the stars have on non-famous people.
Brandi Glanville showed off the results of her “boob job” in a daring low cut gown at the weekend’s Oscar’s ceremony.
Former Jersey Shore star JWoww is another who has undergone breast enlargement surgery and is proud to show off her enhanced figure.